I know summer has come to an end, but it’s always strawberry season! Whether your in the mood for dessert or craving something sweet, this blood sugar balancing recipe is a perfect choice and ideal for your next party, breakfast, dessert or any time of day.
Strawberries with Piña Colada Dip
Created by Venice Nutrition Chef Valerie Cogswell
Thrive Phase and Body Confidence Approved
Start with a Piña Colada Dip, a creamy concoction of protein-rich Greek yogurt, coconut extract, and fresh pineapple that pairs perfectly with strawberries. For best results, make sure to use ripe, fresh pineapple. To check and see if a pineapple is ripe, smell the bottom of it; if it’s ripe, it will smell sweet. Also, when the skin of a ripe pineapple is pressed, it will yield slightly. You can also purchase fresh cut pineapple chunks in the fruit section of most supermarkets.
Makes: 4 Servings
Serving size: 1¼ cups dip with 5 strawberries
Calories per serving: 244
Protein per serving: 22.5 grams
Fat per serving: 5.5 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 26 grams
For the Dip
- 32 ounces plain, low-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh, ripe pineapple
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 5 or more packets of stevia
- 20 strawberries, stemmed, halved or whole
Method of Preparation:
- Combine yogurt, pineapple, and coconut extract, adding enough stevia to reach desired sweetness.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat and is a complete meal.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience:
- Tons of New Recipes
- Interactive Guides to all Three Phases
- Coaching Videos by Mark Macdonald taking you through the plan step by step
- and so much more…
Price: $147 $97.00 $50 Savings