Let’s face it, eating clean foods can make it challenging to keep your meals exciting, which is exactly why adding simple additions like dried cherries and a tasty honey thyme vinaigrette to fresh chicken salad creates a new dimension for your taste buds! From the peppery arugula to the earthy, sweet dressing and tart cherries, this simply yet artfully prepared Ignite, Thrive and Body Confidence approved salad is sure to become a staple for you and your family.
Time to take your chicken salad experience to the next level, dive in!
Chicken Salad with Dried Cherries and Honey Thyme Vinaigrette
Created by VN Chef Valerie Cogswell
Ignite & Thrive Phase and Body Confidence Approved
From the peppery arugula to the earthy, sweet dressing and tart cherries, this simple yet artfully prepared salad is sure to become a staple. For perfect preparation, make sure to use a nonstick pan when sautéing the chicken.
Makes: 5 Servings
Serving size: 3 oz chicken w/ 2 cups salad
Calories per serving: 285
Protein per serving: 21 grams
Fat per serving: 13 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 20 grams
for the dressing:
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
for the chicken:
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fat-free cooking spray
for the salad:
- 7 cups arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ cup dried cherries
Method of Preparation:
- Pour lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Whisk in mustard. Slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil until combined. Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired. Set aside to let flavors blend.
- Toss chicken with paprika, garlic powder, flour, a pinch of salt, and a small pinch of pepper.
- Heat a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, generously spray with fat-free cooking spray. Allow to heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté about 6-8 minutes or no longer pink inside, making sure not to overcook. Set aside.
- Combine arugula, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Top dressed salad with chicken and dried cherries.
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
For ideal preparation, make sure to use a nonstick pan when sautéing the chicken.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience:
- Tons of New Recipes
- Interactive Guides to all Three Phases
- Coaching Videos by Mark Macdonald taking you through the plan step by step
- and so much more…
Price: $147 $97.00 $50 Savings
Get Started with your 8 Week Run
Learn More About the 8 Week Run >
Want a fully customized program and interactive meal planning software based on your favorite foods and goals? If so, get your started with your Body Confidence Plan…